When a client has a compelling story, there’s nothing better than telling it. Facts win cases.
Owen’s practice focuses on trust and estate litigation. Before joining Farr Law Group, Owen spent two years as a commercial litigator at a national law firm, Holland & Knight, and five years with a Seattle firm, Graham & Dunn (now Miller Nash Graham & Dunn), where his practice focused on representing financial institutions. From 2008 through 2016 Owen’s peers voted him a “Rising Star” in Washington Law & Politics and SuperLawyers® magazines and a Washington SuperLawyer® in 2019 and 2020. Owen is a Fellow with the Litigation Counsel of America and with the American Bar Foundation.
J.D., - University of Oregon School of Law (2003)
M.A., Economics – University of Washington (2000)
B.A., Economics – University of Washington (1998)
Climbs Chair – Basic Climbing Committee, Tacoma Mountaineers
Board member – Parent Advocates for Tahoma’s Highly Capable (PATH)
Presentations & Publications
- 15th Annual Probate Administration, King County Bar Association (2019)
- Legal Ethics in Administration (Probate Boot Camp), National Business Institute (2019)
- 14th Annual Probate Administration, King County Bar Association (2018)
- Legal Ethics in Estate Administration, National Business Institute (2018)
- Inter-Vivos Transfers in Estate Planning, National Business Institute (2018)
- Maintaining an Ethical Balance, National Business Institute (2017)
- Litigating the Case in Court, National Business Institute (2017)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Expands the Scope of Debts that are Non-dischargeable in Chapter 7, but not Chapter 13, 122 Banking L.J. 406 (2005)
Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
Fellow, American Bar Foundation
Washington SuperLawyers®, 2019, 2020
Rising Star 2011 through 2016 — Washington SuperLawyers®
Rising Star 2008 through 2010 — Washington Law & Politics Magazine
Q & A
If you weren’t a lawyer what career do you see yourself in?
Computer programming or journalism. I like problem solving and coding is problem solving distilled. Or journalism because we need more truth tellers.
What could you give a 30-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
How to defend a will contest!
What is your favorite thing to do when you’re not working?
Skiing at Crystal Mountain!
News & Events
Farr Law Group attorney Owen Gabrielson has been selected as a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America. Owen’s pr... Read more